The end of summer approaches! Time to think about buying school supplies (Seattle Public Schools’ first day is September 5), and registering for fall classes with Seattle Parks and Recreation.
In the Fall 2014 Northeast Community Centers Brochure, you will find event information for the following facilities:
- Laurelhurst Community Center (4554 NE 41st St)
- Magnuson Community Center (7110 62nd Ave NE)
- Meadowbrook Community Center (10517 35th Ave NE)
- Northgate Community Center (10510 5th Ave NE)
- Ravenna-Eckstein Community Center (6535 Ravenna Ave NE)
- Helene Madison Pool (13401 Meridian Ave N)
- Meadowbrook Pool (10515 35th Ave NE)
Here are a few hand-picked highlights:
- The Laurelhurst Salmon Bake at Laurelhurst Park will be held on Thursday, September 11, from 5:30-8 PM. Delicious dinner, dancing, and carnival games. Price to be determined (but we’ll add it in here when it is determined).
- The Meadowbrook Community Center and Pool tag team the Halloween holiday with a Haunted Bounce and Spook the Pool on Friday, October 24. The Bounce portion at MCC is from 6:30-7:30 PM, and the Spook portion at the MP is from 7:30-8:30 PM. $2 for the Bounce, $3.75 for the pool for youth (accompanying adults are free). There’s a 100 lb. floating pumpkin involved.
- The Ravenna Holiday Arts & Crafts Sale is back on Saturday, December 6, from 10 AM-3 PM. Those crafty people who wish to participate should contact the Ravenna-Eckstein Community Center for more details (206-684-7534).
- Two Seattle Parks Christmas Ship dates this year:
- Saturday, December 6, at Matthews Beach. Park at Meadowbrook Community Center and hop a shuttle to Matthews Beach for luminaries, a weather-permitting bonfire, and the flotilla of festive ships off-shore (Christmas Ship performance time is 9:45-10:05 PM).
- Friday, December 19, at Magnuson Park Beach. Pre-activities at the Magnuson Community Center start at 8 PM and include live music, refreshments, and luminaries. Christmas Ship performance off-shore from 8:50-9:10 PM.