This weekend should be mostly sunny with temperatures in the mid-50s before the rain returns next week.
THURSDAY, February 26
- Bring your teen to learn about a career in engineering at the Library.
- Meet an Engineer at Seattle Public Library Northeast Branch, 6801 35th Ave NE. 6:30-7:30 PM. No Registration required. FREE. Teens (12 and older) can meet a computer engineer from the UW Center for Game Science as well as a Civil and an Electrical engineer. Organized by the Seattle Public Library and the Pacific Science Center in honor of National Engineers Week.
FRIDAY, February 27
- Take your tot to storytime with Music, Rhythm, and Movement.
- Musical Storytime at Ravenna Third Place Books, 6504 20th Ave NE. Every Friday, 11-11:30 AM. FREE. Presented in partnership with Jewish Junction and PJ Library.
- Play board and card games among friends.
- Games will be available or bring your own to Game Night with GeekGirlCon at Wayward Coffee House, 6417 Roosevelt Way NE. Second and Fourth Friday, 7-11 PM. No Cover.
SATURDAY, February 28
- Sample wines from The Eyrie Vineyards at your local wine merchant.
- Wine tasting at McCarthy & Schiering Wine Merchants, 6500 Ravenna Ave NE. Every Saturday, 11 AM-5 PM. FREE.
- Entertain the kids with storytime.
- Saturday Morning Storytime at Third Place Books, 6504 20th Ave NE. Every Saturday, 11-11:30 AM. FREE
TUESDAY, March 3
- Get some help fixing a broken household item.
- Fixer’s Night at the NE Seattle Tool Library, 2415 NE 80th St. First Tuesdays, 6-9 PM. FREE.
THURSDAY, March 5
- Meet award-winning illustrator and children’s book author Carson Ellis.
- Author Event at Ravenna Third Place Books, 6504 20th Ave NE. 7-8 PM. FREE.
Anything else to add? Garage sale? Fundraiser? Lemonade stand? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll add it to the post!
We publish these Busy Weekend posts at noon on Thursdays.