Eckstein Middle School (3003 NE 75th St) is looking for some tutor volunteers to help students during school hours.
Eckstein Middle School is seeking volunteer tutors to work with students who need a little extra one-on-one support. You don’t need to be a “math whiz” or have special teaching skills to help a struggling student be more successful this year. As little as one hour a week of your time can make a real difference! Tutors are needed Monday through Friday between 7:50 am and 2:20 pm in all subjects.
Here are a few examples of current tutoring needs:
- Work with a 7th grade student who has missed a lot of school and needs some help to get caught up on math skills (M or F, 7:50 – 8:45)
- Work with an 8th grade student who needs one-on-one support in Language Arts
- Help ELL (English Language Learning) students with reading and writing skills (W, Th or F, 8:50 – 9:25)
- Provide classroom support in a 7th grade science class (W or F, 9:50 – 10:45)
- Help an 8th grade student in beginning Japanese class (Any day, 9:50 – 10:45)
- Support a 7th grade student with 7th grade math work (T or Th, 11:10 – 12:40)
- Work with 7th grade students who are struggling with basic math skills (Any day, 1:25 – 2:20)
For more information or to volunteer, please contact Eckstein Volunteer Coordinator LauraLeigh Young at email@example.com or 206-252-5012.