Summer in Western Washington is said to officially start after July 4. And the same goes for the Outdoor movies at Magnuson Park series. (Nobody likes soggy popcorn!)
All showings are on Thursdays, starting July 11, at Magnuson Park (7400 Sand Point Way NE). Seating opens at 7 PM, and the movies start at dusk. Cost is $5.
Also “showing” will be cirque performances (by The Cabiri), movie trivia, and food trucks. And the event is also billed as being dog friendly.
As for which movie you might want to attend, Ravenna Blog recommends ALL of them. Seriously. Look at this schedule:
- July 11: Moonrise Kingdom (2012, PG-13, 94 minutes)
- July 18: Singin’ in the Rain (1952, 103 minutes)
- July 25: Finding Nemo (2003, G, 100 minutes)
- August 1: Skyfall (2012, PG-13, 143 minutes)
- August 8: The Sandlot (1993, PG, 101 minutes)
- August 15: Raiders of the Last Ark (1981, PG, 115 minutes)
- August 22: Singles (1992, PG-13, 99 minutes)
- August 29: The Princess Bride (1987, PG, 98 minutes)
You can see information about event sponsors and which specific food trucks will be at each showing on the Movies at Magnuson homepage.
The Ravenna Blog’s 5th birthday is also scheduled for Thursday, August 15, but from 5-7 PM. Celebrate with us, *then* go fight Nazis with Indy.
RSVP to the party here. We’d love to see you!