We are very pleased to tell you that Ravenna Animal Hospital is now a Ravenna Blog sponsor.
Seattle Veterinary Associates (SVA) has been offering the foundation to a lifetime of compassionate pet care for more than 40 years, and the recently remodeled Ravenna Animal Hospital (4541 Union Bay Pl. NE, opened in 2002) now enables them to provide even greater levels of service.
You’re invited to visit the Ravenna location for an open house on Sunday, October 20, 2013, from 1-3 PM (1.3 MB PDF) — enjoy refreshments, quiz the doctors and staff, win prizes, and more.
Seattle Veterinary Associates was founded in 1971 by Dr. Sanford Olson, Dr. Donald Canfield, and Dr. Stephen Jones. To provide patients with the extraordinary care they deserve, they:
- Actively pursue client education and involvement in the care of their pet
- Develop and maintain quality medical care teams through education and training
- Participate in training and educational advancements in their profession
- Develop and maintain a health partnership with clients to ensure their satisfaction
- Apply the highest standards in care, compassion, and veterinary technologies
- Value and respect the individual talents and skills of their people
- Accept accountability for their performances
- Model ethical behavior in all their interactions with clients, patients, and staff.
The vision of providing the highest quality veterinary care to pets in the Puget Sound area remains integral to each of their staff members today.
Coupled with SVA’s considerate expansion and the advancement of their medical capabilities at all their hospitals, SVA is proud to be providing the highest quality veterinary care to pets and their families.
A Bit of Seattle Veterinary Associates’ History:
- In 1971, the original practice opened its doors at the current location of Queen Anne Animal Clinic.
- In 1972, Green Lake Animal Hospital opened and become the central hospital serving the Queen Anne Animal Clinic.
- In 1979, acquired Ravenna Park Animal Hospital (originally located at 5125 25th Avenue NE). That same year, Dr. Patrick Richardson joined the partnership.
- In 1992, Dr. Stuart Spencer joined the partnership.
- In 2000, Dr. Jeb Mortimer joined as a partner.
- In 2002, Ravenna Park Animal Clinic moved and became Ravenna Animal Hospital.
- In 2003, added in-house ultrasound capabilities to the list of services.
- In 2008, Dr. Mark Donovan and Northwest Veterinary Hospital joined the partnership.