The weekend forecast sounds beautiful with Saturday and Sunday hovering around 80 degrees.
A large convention at Husky Stadium this weekend you all might want to be aware of, traffic-wise: 35,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses will be meeting at the stadium on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Event activities run from 9 AM-5 PM. Access and egress to the Stadium will be handled in much the same way as other large events like basketball and Commencement.
Don’t forget to grab your holiday weekend reads from the Northeast Branch BEFORE July 4th, as all branches are closed on Independence Day.
THURSDAY, July 3
- Shop at a local farmer’s market for dinner, then have a seat and eat.
- Lake City Farmer’s Market, at NE 125th Street and 28th Avenue NE. Open Thursdays from 3-7 PM through October 2. In-season, Washington-produced foods and farm products, ready-to-eat foods, and more. Live music, special events, and activities for kids scheduled during the season. North Helpline food donation table (for shelf-stable items).
FRIDAY, July 4
- Parade your red, white, and blue down 18th Ave NE!
- Meet at 7041 18th Ave NE, 11 AM, with decorated kids, bikes, or trikes for the Annual 18th Ave Fourth of July Parade. Bring a dish to share at a potluck afterwards. Drinks and paper goods provided for $1 donation per family.
SATURDAY, July 5
- Sip some local wine at your neighborhood wine shop.
- Say hello to the lifeguards, back on duty for the summer.
- Magnuson Park Beach, Matthew’s Beach, and several other sites around the city. Check out the free mid-day and evening swim lessons for kids, too!
Monday, July 7
- Watch a classic film by a master director while surrounded by books.
*** Anything else to add? Garage sale? Fundraiser? Lemonade stand? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll add it to the post! Want to promote an upcoming NE Seattle weekend happening? Email us ahead of time, or use our online comment form to tell us about it. We publish these Busy Weekend posts at noon on Thursdays.