It’s baaaack! The weekly weekend events calendar of Northeast Seattle, that is. Let the fun begin!
The weather this weekend looks to be a little gray. Rain is most likely on Friday and temperatures might reach the mid-60s by Father’s Day. Could be worse, Pops.
- Shop at a local farmer’s market for dinner, then have a seat and eat.
- Lake City Farmer’s Market opens its 2014 season TODAY, June 13, at NE 125th Street and 28th Avenue NE. Open Thursdays from 3-7 PM.
- Watch a Meaningful Movie on the plight of the bee.
- Free screening of “More Than Honey” at the University Unitarian Church (6556 35th Ave NE). Doors open at 6:30 PM, film starts at 7 PM. Donations Accepted.
- Graduate with honors! Or just avoid the traffic and bustle around the UW.
- University of Washington 139th Annual Commencement Ceremonies, Husky Stadium, 1:30-4:30 PM (You can also watch the ceremonies live on UWTV).
- Ride together to Seattle Children’s Livable Streets Celebration.
- Recycle your outdated electronics and shred personal paperwork.
- Center for Spiritual Living parking lot (5801 Sand Point Way NE), 10 AM-2 PM. Electronics to be refurbished and reused by InterConnection for unemployed and low-income individuals and families. Items accepted: desktop and laptop computers, monitors, TVs, cell phones, keyboards, power cables, and speakers. Shredding done by Confidential Data Disposal, Inc.
- Time travel to gardens of the past with the kids at story time.
- Time Machine Story Program at the UW Botanic Gardens’ Miller Library in Laurelhurst (3501 NE 41st Street), 10:30 – 11:15 AM. Ages 3-8 with families but all ages are welcome. Free.
Oralea Bonus Event: If none of these Northeast Seattle events strikes your fancy, maybe a trip to Lake Forest Park Third Place Books for the music of Smilin’ Scandinavian Polka is just what you’ve been waiting for. Let’s dance! Saturday, June 14th, 7:30-9:30 PM.
Anything else to add? Garage sale? Fundraiser? Lemonade stand? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll add it to the post!
We publish these Busy Weekend posts at noon on Thursdays.