School’s out for the summer. School’s out
forever … well, until September 3 anyway!
And in honor of the first day of summer, Friday’s forecast says partly cloudy but the rest of the weekend is mostly sunny and approaching 70 degrees.
THURSDAY, June 19
- Party and public art installation in honor of the last days of Seattle’s ‘Ramp to Nowhere.’
- Gate to Nowhere Project, Montlake (see map), 6 PM – Dusk. Parking is limited and viewing by boat is recommended.
- Learn basic bike maintenance (fixing flats, adjusting breaks, etc!).
- Green Lake Branch Library (7364 E. Green Lake Dr. N) program, Mary Alice Cooley Meeting Room, 10:30 AM – 12 PM. Free and registration not required.
- Integrate biking into your everyday life.
- Green Lake Branch Library program, Mary Alice Cooley Meeting Room, 12:30 PM – 2:30 PM. Free and registration not required.
- Swim safe, for less.
- Low-cost life jacket sales at Evans Pool (7201 E Green Lake Dr. N), 10 AM-2 PM. Life jackets size infant to youth large are $20, and teen to adult size XXXL are $30.
- Learn to select and use the right fire extinguisher.
- Office of Emergency Management conducting this workshop at Northgate Branch Library (10548 5th Ave NE), 1 – 1:30 PM. Registration is not required.
- Baby and toddler supply garage sale.
- 6831 39th Ave NE, 9-11 a.m. Two highchairs, 4 strollers (two doubles), doorway jump-up, slide, swingset, toddler trampoline, etc. Cash only.
SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
- Book it to Third Place for the semi-annual used book sale.
Of course, there’s always the Fremont Fair and Solstice Parade too! But if you were thinking of heading east instead, remember that SR 520 will be closed from 11 PM Friday, June 20th to 5 AM Monday, June 23rd.
Anything else to add? Garage sale? Fundraiser? Lemonade stand? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll add it to the post!
We publish these Busy Weekend posts at noon on Thursdays.