High of 79 for Saturday, 83 for Sunday. This is the summer that never ends…it just goes on and on, my friend…
Go, fight, win: The Huskies play the Fighting Illini this afternoon (1 PM kickoff). Watch out for the traffic after, friends. Especially the residential street speeders!
SATURDAY, September 13
- Get your car washed, fight cancer.
- 4th Annual Light the Night Car Wash to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, NE 70th Street and Sand Point Way NE (across from Magnuson Park), 8 AM-2 PM. Donations accepted.
SUNDAY, September 14
- Party in the watershed.
- Thornton Creek Alliance 20th Anniversary Celebration and Concert, Cromwell Park (18030 Meridian Avenue N in Shoreline), 1-4 PM. Meet at the headwaters for a concert in the park. Music by the Thornton Creek Band. Bring a blanket and a picnic — ice cream and cake provided! Children’s activities, meet your neighbors, learn about restoration efforts, meet community partners.
MONDAY, September 15
- Make some fuzzy friends at the library.
- Bow-Wows and Books at the Northgate Branch of the Seattle Public Library (10548 5th Ave NE), 6:30-7:30 PM. Practice reading with a new friend who is warm, friendly, and a perfect listener! Certified therapy dogs and their handlers join young readers to read one-on-one in a relaxing and nonjudgmental environment.
- Get fit, for free! (For one week, anyway.)
- University Family YMCA FREE Fun & Fit Families Week (September 15-19), 5003 12th Avenue NE. Includes free childcare while you workout. Group exercise classes, cardio room, weight room, sauna, kids gym, and more.
Anything else to add? Garage sale? Fundraiser? Let us know in the comments, and we’ll add it to the post!