You could clean your garage this weekend, like you’ve been meaning to do for MONTHS. But here are some other options for your weekend that you might enjoy a little more than that:
- Make an oven powered by the sun.
- Solar Cooker class, University Heights Center, 5031 University Way NE; 10am-2pm; $10, register by calling 527-4278
- Go to a winery open house in Roosevelt.
- Eight Bells Winery open house, 6213B Roosevelt Way NE; 11am-5pm; please RVSP to rsvp [at] 8bellswindery.com
- And/Or stay in Ravenna and taste wine.
- Go play, eat, run, dance, paddle, bounce and more, all at the same place.
- Seattle Parks and Recreation’s Big Day of Play, Magnuson Park, 7400 Sand Point Way NE; 9:30am-5pm
- See some art by local artists.
- Art opening at University Unitarian Church, 6556 35th Ave NE; 4-6pm
- Buy some stuff for your “inside or outside baby.”
- Bumps and Babies Fair, Roosevelt Ale House parking lot, 8824 Roosevelt Way NE; 9:30am-4:30pm, boutique and consignment sellers
- Go to story time, no matter how old you are.
- Adult Storytime, Ravenna Third Place Books, 6504 20th Ave. NE; bring a short work from your favorite author or poet to read aloud
- Pick up your holds and anything else from the library, before they’re all closed for a week.
- Northeast Branch of the Seattle Public Library, 6801 35th Ave NE; Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 1pm-5pm
Anything else to add? Let me know in the comments, and I’ll edit the post!